Mistral was initially drawn to yoga as a way to supplement her career in dance and help cope with an injury. She quickly learned how much more yoga was able to offer her not only in her physical practice, but also her mindful practice. Mistral has been taking yoga for over a decade, and teaching all kinds of movement-based classes for about as long.
Her background in movement is illuminated in her classes, always with fresh and interesting sequencing. Her teaching methodology comes from an anatomical perspective to provide information towards building a strong foundation. She aims to guide students to a place of comfort, understanding, and acceptance in their own body and practice, whether it is a rigorous physical class or a more restorative one. The ability to move one’s body in space is a gift, and should be shared!
For current yoga information, visit the Yoga with Mistral Facebook Page.
Yoga Training and Additional Workshops
- Certified 500 RYT through Sacred Sounds Yoga, 10 years yoga teaching experience
- Certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher through Juliana Mitchell
- Certified Yoga4Cancer Teacher through Tari Prinster
- Certified 200 RYT through the Perri Institute for Mind and Body
- Certificate in Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
- Completed Anatomy and Kinesiology I and II; A-level grade at Brooklyn College.
- Ongoing Meditation Workshops under Ethan Nichtern at The Interdependence Project
- Atlas of Human Anatomy Workshop with Rebecca Dietzel, Anatomist at the Ailey School
- Available and maintains private yoga sessions for individuals, couples, and small groups
- Yoga Workshops Taught: Yoga for Complete Beginners, Meditation for Complete Beginners
- Yoga Instructor at Oval Studio
- Yoga substitute teacher at NYU Wellness Center
- Yoga substitute teacher at Park Slope Yoga Center
- Yoga Instructor at gyms, including David Barton Gym, NYSC, and Ditmas Fitness
- Modern/Contemporary Dance Teacher at dance studios, including Peridance, and Steps on Broadway
- Physical Therapy Trainer at James Fowler Physical Therapy
- Fulfilling Prerequisites at Brooklyn College to apply to Doctorate of Physical Therapy Programs
- Modern Dancer with Pilobolus
- -Aerialist specializing in Rope, Silks, Static and Dance Trapeze, and Lyra